Novasure endometrial ablation is a procedure that treats menorrhagia. Menorrhagia is defined as unusually heavy or proloned bleeding during the menstrual cycle. It affects 1 in 5 women. Many women struggle with this problem, but don’t seek treatment. They may think it is “normal”, they may be embarrassed or they may simply be afraid of the what they think are the only treatment options.
“Do I have Menorrhagia?” if you answer yes to any of the following questions, you have menorrhagia.
1. Do your periods last a long time?
2. Is your bleeding so heavy you need to change your pad/tampon every 1-2 hours?
3. Do you often “double up” your protection to avoid an accident?
4. Do you stain your sheets at night?
5. Do you experience daily fatigue that is worse during your period?
6. Do you avoid light clothing or white pants due to concern for an accidentl?
7. Does your bleeding affect you quality of life? do you miss work, social, athletic or sexual activities?
8. would your life improve if you had less bleeding or no bleeding each month?
Novasure endometrial ablation is an in office procedure that permanently destroys the lining of the uterus. This is done for women who are finished with childbearing and are bothered by their menstrual cycle flow. This is performed in the office under local anesthetic with no incisions or down time. This is 98% effective in reducing or stopping the menstrual flow. Dr. King is very experienced with this procedure. If you have concerns about your menstrual periods, schedule a consult with Dr. King to see if the Novasure treatment is right for you.
for more information visit www.novasure.com